Am I eligible for Youth Live?
To be eligible to join Youth Live you must:
- be between 16 and 24 years old
- not be employed or attending school full-time
What are the program hours?
You will have scheduled shifts five days a week Monday through Saturday.
Youth Live participants receive a training allowance (stipend) based on an 32.5 hour work week, for up to 21 weeks.
What kind of experience will I gain?
You will gain:
- 500 hours of customer service
- 35 hours of cash management
- 20 hours of data collection
- 35 hours of warehouse management
- 14+ Co-op hours
What will I learn?
Throughout the program, you will have access to learning sessions:
- Leadership training
- Life skill development
- Safety in the workplace
- Identifying your skills (and which ones need more development)
- Job search tools and techniques
- Writing resumes, including one-on-one time with staff to help create your own resume
- Writing cover letters
- Interview techniques
Other certifications received through Youth Live:
First Aid Training - you are eligible for Emergency First Aid + CPR (c) + AED (Automated External Defibrillator) training.
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) - you will learn about the safety processes for products which you may come into contact with at Youth Live, and the procedure for reporting incidents involving these materials. You will receive a WHMIS certification card upon completion of this learning session.
New to the program is Co-op opportunities for participants to gain employment experience in:
- PARKS & RECREATION (Emera Oval, Adventure Earth Centre, sports fields, Power House Youth Centre, The Den Youth Centre, etc…)
- ADMINISTRATIVE WORK (Municipal Compliance, Front Desk at Recreation Centres)
- AND MORE!