Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: May 20, 2020 Budget Committee Minutes (PDF)
Summary of recorded votes: May 20, 2020 Budget Committee Special Meeting Summary of Recorded Votes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES – NONE
3. Proposed 2020/21 Budget Recast for COVID-19 Impacts (Continuation from May 19)
- Report [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Budget Committee direct the Chief Administrative Officer to revise the 2020/21 Proposed Operating and Capital Budgets, as voted on by Regional Council’s Committee of the Whole on Budget at their February 12, 2020 meeting, using the revisions proposed in the staff report dated May 1, 2020 as summarized in Table 3, supported by attachment C and D.
4. Board of Police Commissioners – 2020/2021 Halifax Regional Police Budget [PDF]
That the Budget Committee:
1. Approve the revised Halifax Regional Police 2020/21 Budget in the amount of $84,263,000; and,
2. Recommend Halifax Regional Council consult with the Province to determine if there could be any savings to the cost of RCMP services.
5. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
5.1 PERSONNEL MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group.
Motion: That Budget Committee convene to in camera to discuss the matter.