The Youth Leadership Program is for youth aged 13+ who want to develop leadership skills through fun and challenging learning experiences. Participants help make a difference in their communities by organizing and taking part in special events and assisting staff with children's programs.
What’s it all about?
- Opportunities for young people to develop personal and group leadership skills and job readiness through participation in practical leadership training and volunteer experience
- Exciting social events with friends
- Opportunities to experience and understand commitment and responsibility through team building activities and community action
- Written evaluation provided on leadership performance
- Opportunities to develop valuable job readiness skills through workshops and volunteer work.
What do you do?
Attend fun training sessions to learn leadership and employment skills, help organize and lead camp activities for children, socialize with others while participating in youth recreation activities, make new friends and memories…and have a blast!
What to do now?
For those interested in the Youth Leadership program please register using your community center’s unique Youth Leadership Program bar code. You can find that information here.
Once registered; an information package and application form will be emailed to you. Please read this information carefully and note the application deadline. Interviews will follow for potential candidates.