Property Tax Exemption and Deferral Program
You are eligible if:
- The combined gross household income and/or proof of net world income of all persons living on the property is $35,000 or less
- You are the registered owner or co-owner of the property
- The property is your permanent place of residence (not a second property)
A mobile homeowner can apply for a rebate or payment plan but not a deferral . A home includes a condo, mobile home, or duplex. If the property is assessed as Residential and Commercial or Residential Resource, only the Residential portion can be used to calculate the value of any rebate.
You must provide:
- A completed application form
- Proof of Income for the previous tax year for all residents over the age of 18, this includes:
- Spouse, common law partner, or domestic partner
- Children over the age of 18
- Other Residents
- Income from a Boarder/Renter (not claimed on CRA Tax Return)
Income of students over 18 years of age is not to be included on the condition that you provide proof of enrollment in an accredited educational institution. Under Administrative Order 10, NET World Income must be declared.