The Funding Access Program provides recreation opportunities to children, youth and adults in financial need. Depending on the need, the cost of recreation programs could be 50% or 100% covered by the program. All recreation programs offered by Halifax Recreation are eligible for this program with the exception of the following:
- Private Swim Lessons
- Birthday Parties
- Programs offered by third-party services (e.g. Sport Ball Programs & Card Making)
- Canada Child Benefit Statement for children and youth under 18 years of age
- Notice of Assessment for individuals 18 years of age and over
- Letter from the Department of Community Services
Approval is based on Revenue Canada's Low Income Table 2021 outlined below.
Funding Access Application Guidelines
- You must live in the Halifax Regional Municipality
- You must fill out the application prior to paying for your registration. The Funding Access Program does not reimburse individuals who have already paid. If you have already paid, you can apply for assistance for another season. Once you have been notified of approval by email, please contact your local recreation centre to register for programs. This application is for program approval purposes only.
- Parks and Recreation has the right to limit access when necessary
Use of Personal Information
In accordance with Section 485 of the Municipal Government Act (MGA), the personal information collected on this form will only be used by staff for purposes relating to the administration of the Access Program, including releasing necessary information to program providers. If you have any questions about the collection and use of the information please contact the Access and Privacy Office at 902-490-7460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are applying to the Affordable Access Program and would like to provide feedback, please fill out and submit our Feedback Survey.