From Ship To Shelf
In today's global marketplace, nothing gets products to customers faster, safer, or more securely than transloading. It provides a vital competitive edge in the supply chain for many of today’s retailers, importers, exporters, and business owners. The new Atlantic Gateway – Halifax Logistics Park is the right choice for your global transload operations.
The Halifax Logistics Park is located inside the Burnside Business Park.
- Next to five 100-series highways providing quick access to and from the region. It’s 10-15 minutes to the urban centre of Halifax, the Halifax Stanfield International Airport, and the Port of Halifax
- Phase One of the park has already attracted large anchor tenants engaged in transloading, distribution, and warehousing activities
- New lots of serviced acreage are available for immediate acquisition. Lots can be customized to fit your distribution needs
- Street turning radius designed to accommodate long combination vehicles (LCV). Currently, one of only two approved inbound/outbound LCV operating routes in Nova Scotia
- Pre-approved lots are cleared and graded with utility services
- Next to Dartmouth Crossing retail park, which will soon boast the largest concentration of retail east of Montreal
Strengths of transloading product through Halifax
Transloading through Halifax has significant advantages, including:
- Products can reach regional distribution centres or arrive direct-to-store faster, cheaper, and safely. Unload, sort and transfer imports for local distribution—and re-load exports.
- No need to ship empty containers. The Port of Halifax has an excellent supply of marine containers for regional exporters sending cargoes to Asia, Europe, and the Mediterranean.
- Using drayage service to and from the port means faster turnaround, with lower costs and improved transit times.
Learn more about the Halifax Gateway.
Read the Atlantic Gateway—The Role of Halifax Regional Municipality report [PDF].