Want to apply for a Site Plan Approval?
Review these helpful tips first:
• Review information on the Site Plan Approval page to determine requirements.
• Submit complete applications – complete online form and email documents on the same day, by following the steps outlined below. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
• Submit revisions only after a site plan application number has been assigned.
• Keep site plan status inquiries to a minimum. We will only respond to permit status inquiries once the complete application has been in the system for more than 15 business days.
STEP 1. Submission of Form: Read all the steps, then fill in the form below.
STEP 2. Submission of application information: Once the form is submitted, send all required documentation and associated plans, as soon as possible, via email , which must include:
• Subject Line containing: The name as it appears on the Application Submission form being submitted below, and the address or PID (Not Lot Numbers) of the requested application site. Example: Jane Doe - 123 Harbour Street, Halifax or PID 41258744
• Documentation: Must be in PDF, Word or JPG format and cannot exceed 30MB.
• Contact name and number: Name and phone number of the contact person for further communications related to this application.
STEP 3. Customer Contact: Once your required documentation is received, you will be contacted to:
• Review what has been submitted
• Advise of any applicable fees and any additional information that may be required
• Discuss payment options
An email with the information discussed and a fee summary, if applicable, will then be sent for your record. Note: Please check your spam and junk mail folder throughout the subdivision process.
STEP 4. Payment:
Although this is a Planning & Development application, if you are paying by credit card, a Customer Service Representative will be in contact for payment.
If you are paying in-person or by cheque visit one of our 2 Customer Service Locations:
• 7071 Bayers Rd: 2nd Floor – Suite 2005
• 40 Alderney Dr – 1st floor
If you are paying by cheque:
1. Make cheque payable to Halifax Regional Municipality
2. Include the application number and contact number at the bottom of the cheque
3. Drop off at one of the 2 Customer Service Drop-box locations:
Bayers Road: Located on 1st floor, beside the convenience store, across from the TD Bank
Alderney Drive: Outside the Customer Service counter
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)