In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 12, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations – NONE
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 MLSER Major Hosting Funding Request 2022 World Sailing Championships [PDF]
That the Special Events Advisory Committee recommend Halifax Regional Council approve an event grant in the amount of $100,000 from the 2022/2023 Community and Events Reserve, Q621 to fund the 2022 49er, 49erFX, Nacra 17 World Sailing Championships.
9.2 MEMBERS OF THE SPECIAL EVENTS ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – To Be Determined
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Haruka Aoyama, Legislative Assistant, at AoyamaHa@halifax.ca or 902-579-7239