This meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
Revised - December 1, 9:00 a.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER
Mi’kmaq Land Acknowledgment
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 4, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION
6.1 Reviewing and Learning from the Steps Taken to Protect Muslim Canadians by Other Canadian Municipalities and Levels of Governments [PDF]
That the Women’s Advisory Committee rescind the motion of November 4, 2021 to recommend that the Executive Standing Committee request a staff report that investigates other municipalities’ work around anti-Muslim hate and racism and makes recommendations on potential actions to combat anti-Muslim hate and racism in Halifax Regional Municipality.
7. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
8. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8.3 Presentations – NONE
9. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
10.1.1 Update from the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and GBA+
10.1.2 Proposed 2022 Women’s Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That Women’s Advisory Committee approve the proposed 2022 Women’s Advisory Committee meeting schedule as outlined in the staff memorandum.
10.2.1 Review of municipal services to address housing affordability, housing insecurity, and homelessness using an intersectional gender lens [PDF]
That the Women’s Advisory Committee recommend that the Executive Standing Committee:
1. Request a staff report about the use of an intersectional gender lens on housing and homelessness initiatives within the mandate of the Halifax Regional Municipality; and
2. Review the recommendations emerging from the Home for Good research project attached in the December 2, 2021 Request for Women’s Advisory Committee Consideration form.
10.2.2 Work Plan Priorities 2022/2023
10.2.3 International Women’s Day
10.2.4 Update on Halifax Regional Council activities
11. ADDED ITEMS
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 13, 2022* proposed
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Haruka Aoyama, Legislative Assistant, at AoyamaHa@halifax.ca or 902-579-7239