A dial-in or live broadcast of this meeting is not available. In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 25, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
4. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
6. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.1.1 Case 22927: Application by WSP Canada Inc., on behalf of the property owner, requesting to re-enter into a development agreement to allow for a 23-storey mixed-use building at 2032 to 2050 Robie Street, Halifax. [PDF]
The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• Mixed-use building with residential and commercial uses;
• 85 metres tall or approximately 23 storeys with an 11 metre streetwall for the majority or Robie Street;
• Primarily commercial space on the ground floor fronting Robie Street;
• Between 555 square metres and 910 square metres of commercial space in the two-storey podium;
• 102 residential units (58 one-bedroom and 44 two-bedroom);
• A combination of interior and exterior amenity space, including a rooftop terrace;
• Two levels of underground parking that contain approximately 84 parking stalls; and
• 41 Class A and 12 Class B bicycle parking spaces.
“The following is before the Committee:
Case 22927 Memorandum [PDF] - To be circulated
• Application Letter
• Site Plan (Updated December 2020)
• Building Drawings (Updated December 2020)
• Traffic Impact Statement
• Wind Study
In June 2019, Regional Council directed staff to amend the proposed Regional Centre planning documents to allow for the development of 2032-2050 Robie Street as detailed in the June 4, 2019 Staff Report under Case 19281.
In September 2019, Regional Council adopted the Regional Centre Secondary Municipal Planning Strategy (RCSMPS) and the Regional Centre Land Use By-law. Section 10.10.2 of the RCSMPS contains site specific policies to enable Council to consider a development agreement for a mixed-use development at 2032-2050 Robie Street.
The applicant is also asking to discharge the development agreement registered on PIDs 40448037, 41340613, 00140038, and 40448045 that permits a funeral home and parking lot and the development agreement registered on PID 00140061 that permits a parking lot.
Link to Planning Applications Webpage:
Information provided at the above link will be updated as required. For a copy of the materials presented to the Planning Advisory Committee, please contact the Clerk’s Office.
8. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – March 22, 2021
INFORMATION REPORTS- NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Jill McGillicuddy, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 490-6517.