A dial-in or live broadcast of this meeting is not available.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1 Annual Election of Chair and Vice Chair
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – December 9, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 HRM Boards and Committees Orientation [PDF]
9.1.2 Heritage Property Act Orientation [PDF]
9.1.3 Case 23066: Development Agreement for 1029 Tower Rd [PDF] (Large 7Mb)
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the December 24, 2020 report, to allow a three-storey multi-unit residential building and a commercial use on the registered heritage property located at 1029 Tower Road and schedule a public hearing;
2. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A; and
3. Require the agreement to be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
9.1.4 H00500: Development within Heritage Properties in the South End [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to identify additional heritage conservation district study areas within the South End Plan Area, as per Option 3 of the December 22, 2020 report, for potential inclusion in the Regional Centre Secondary Municipal Planning Strategy.
9.2 MEMBERS OF THE HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
10. MOTIONS/DISCUSSION – NONE
11. ADDED ITEMS
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 24, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6519.