Time: 4:30 p.m.
Location: HEMDCC Meeting Space, Main Floor Alderney Landing, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
3. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
4. HALIFAX REGIONAL POLICE 2023/2024 PROPOSED OPERATING BUDGET
- December 14, 2022 Halifax Regional Police Presentation [PDF]
- Revised Staff Information Report dated January 11, 2023 [PDF]
- January 16, 2023 Halifax Regional Police Presentation [PDF]
- Appendix to January 16, 2023 Halifax Regional Police Presentation [PDF]
That, having ensured that the proposed Halifax Regional Police Operating Budget for 2023/2024 as presented at the December 14, 2022 and January 16, 2023 meetings of the Board of Police Commissioners is consistent with those matters referred to in subsection 55(3) of the Police Act, the Board of Police Commissioners moves the following recommendation:
1. That Halifax Regional Council approve the proposed increase in the composition of the Halifax Regional Police as set out in the Proposed Service Enhancements described in the Revised Information Report dated January 10, 2023, from Chief Kinsella to the Board; and further
2. That Halifax Regional Council approve the proposed Halifax Regional Police Operating Budget for 2023/2024.
5. MEMBERS OF BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS
5.1 Commissioner Smith – Halifax District Royal Canadian Mounted Police Resource Request [PDF]
That the Board of Police Commissioners recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the Halifax District Royal Canadian Mounted Police resource request for an additional 4 front line uniformed resources in the 2023-2024 fiscal year; and that the Halifax District Royal Canadian Mounted Police resource request for additional uniformed resources for the 2024-2025 and 2025-2026 fiscal years be considered during Regional Council’s 2024-2025 and 2025-2026 budget deliberations.
6. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Board of Police Commissioners may rise and go into a private In Camera (In Private) session, in accordance with Section 51 of the Nova Scotia Police Act for the purposes of dealing with the following:
6.1 PERSONNEL MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group.
That the Board of Police Commissioners convene to in camera to discuss the matter.