Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: July 17, 2019 Special Events Advisory Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 15, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
9.1.1 Staff Update -2019 Marketing Levy Special Events Reserve Grants
9.2 MEMBERS OF THE SPECIAL EVENTS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
9.2.1 Jeff Ransome –Hotels Association of Nova Scotia Tourism Funding Strategy
10. ADDED ITEMS
That Special Events Advisory Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve an Event Grant for a total of $500,000 from the 2019/20 Community and Events Reserve, Q621, to fund the 2020 North American Indigenous Games Local Organizing Committee for the 2020 North American Indigenous Games; and
2. Authorize the Chief Administrative Officer to execute a contribution agreement which outlines the Event Grant and up to $1,000,000 for Value-In-Kind support for the 2020 North American Indigenous Games.
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – August 21, 2019 (if required) – Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax.
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Liam MacSween, Legislative Assistant at email@example.com 902-490-6521