1. Call to Order and Opening Remarks – Councillor Lisa Blackburn
2. Staff overview of accessibility successes and challenges
- Darren Young, Project Manager, Corporate Facility Design & Construction, Corporate and Customer Service
- Noreen Guptill, Inclusion & Accessibility Specialist, Parks & Recreation
- Taso Koutroulakis, Manager, Traffic Management, Transportation & Public Works
- Trevor Harvie, Acting Superintendent, Winter Operations, Transportation & Public Works
- Ahmad Kidwai, Manager, Accessible Transit, Halifax Transit
- Sergio Grbac, Supervisor, Municipal Compliance, Planning & Development
- Margaret Pike, Client Relationship & Process Lead, Citizen Contact Centres, Corporate and Customer Service
3. Questions and comments from the public
- Please keep comments limited to 3 minutes or less
- One speaker at a time
- Speaker to provide name & community/organization for the record
- Please use the microphone so everyone can hear you
- Respect all points of view and opinions expressed
- If you wish to be contacted by staff for follow up after the meeting, leave your name and contact info at the front table
4. Closing Comments
5. Adjournment – 8:30 p.m.
Sighted guides, ASL Interpretation, and CART Captioning Service will be available.
If you do not wish to speak during the meeting, you can write down your questions or comments to be read aloud by a member of the Committee. Comment sheets are available at the table at the door. Volunteers at the table can assist with writing if needed. Please include your name and email address and/or phone number on the form so staff can get in touch with you after the meeting with any further information.
If you wish to speak during the public participation portion of the meeting, please keep your comments to 3 minutes or less, so that everyone has an opportunity to have a turn. There is a microphone set up in the centre aisle or a handheld microphone can be brought to you. If you wish to be contacted by staff for follow up after the meeting, leave your name and contact information at the front table so they can get in touch with you.
Copies of the minutes from the 2015 Town Hall meeting are available at the table, and also posted on the Accessibility Advisory Committee website. Minutes are being taken from this meeting, and will be available online next month after approval from the Committee.
The meeting will end promptly at 8:30 p.m. to meet Access-A-Bus bookings. If any speakers did not have an opportunity to speak by the end of the meeting, a comment form can be left and staff will get back to you. As many people suffer from allergies to scented products, meeting participants should avoid wearing strongly scented perfumes.
Town Hall Meeting Advisory Committee for Accessibility in the Halifax Regional Municipality
6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Portia White Atrium, Citadel High School 1855 Trollope Street, Halifax
Description of event:
To discuss and gather input on current projects relating to:
• Corporate facility design and construction
• Parks and recreation
• Traffic and transportation
• Winter Operations
• Accessible transit
• Municipal compliance
• 311 contact centres
Sighted guides, ASL interpretation, and CART service will be provided.