Time: 3:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: May 24, 2023 Heritage Advisory Committee Draft Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1.1 ELECTION OF VICE CHAIR
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 26, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 H00562: 2023-2024 Financial Incentives Program for Schmidtville and Old South Suburb Heritage Conservation Districts [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that Regional Council approve the proposed grant applications 24-001 through 24-005 and 24-007 through 24-009 listed in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 19, 2023, conditional upon the applicant’s compliance with sections 7 and 36-39 of Administrative Order Number 2020-005-ADM and the requirements specified in Attachment A of the staff report being satisfied.
9.1.2 Case PLANAPP-2023-00034 – Substantive amendment to a development agreement, 2720 Gottingen Street, Halifax [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Give notice of motion to consider the proposed amending development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 17, 2023, to allow the extension of a restaurant use into the rear yard of the existing building located at 2720 Gottingen Street, Halifax;
2. Approve the proposed amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report; and
3. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days or longer if warranted, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
9.2 COMMITTEE MEMBER UPDATES
9.2.1 Update on Membership
9.2.2 Special Meeting – June 28, 2023
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 14, 2023
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Dorothy Maponga, Legislative Assistant, at Dorothy.Maponga@halifax.ca or 902-478-2408.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council