Time: 4:00 p.m.
Location: Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: November 3, 2022 Women's Advisory Committee Draft Minutes (PDF)
Updated Friday November 2, 2022 at 10:10 a.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 8, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations – None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Women’s Advisory Committee Proposed 2023 Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Women’s Advisory Committee approve the proposed 2023 Women’s Advisory Committee meeting schedule as circulated.
9.1.2 Update from Safe Cities and Public Safety Office
9.2.1 Action Regarding Basic Income in HRM
That the Chair of the Women’s Advisory Committee write a letter of support to Halifax Regional Council regarding their decision to send a request to the Government of Canada to implement a Guaranteed Livable Basic Income, which would ensure that everyone has sufficient income to meet their needs.
9.2.3 2023 Workplan Brainstorm Discussion
9.3 COMMITTEE MEMBER UPDATES
9.3.1. Council Update – Iona Stoddard
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 1, 2022
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Catie Campbell, Legislative Assistant, at Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org or 782-641-0796.
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council