Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Halifax Hall, City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: November 6, 2017 Grants Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 10, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.1 Correspondence - None
7.3 Presentations - None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Tax Relief for Non-Profit Orgs: Proposed Renewal of Tax Relief for Leases Removed from
AO 2014-001-ADM Schedules (pdf)
The Grants Committee recommend that the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend Regional Council approve a grant for the (7) organizations listed in Table 1 of the August 14, 2017 staff report for fiscal year 2017-18, effective April 1, 2017, unless otherwise stated, at an estimated combined cost of $104,047 from Account M311-8006 (Grants & Tax Concessions).
9.1.2 BID Contributions Fund: 2017-2018 Recommended Awards (pdf)
The HRM Grants Committee recommend that Regional Council approve the eight (8) awards detailed in Attachment 1 of this report for a combined total of $107,000 from operating account C771 – 6919.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 4, 2017
1. Memorandum dated August 21, 2017 from the Acting Director of Finance RE Halifax Explosion 100th Anniversary Grants Update (pdf)
2. Memorandum dated October 5, 2017 from the Acting Director of Finance RE Community Grants Program: Delinquent Reporting Update (pdf)