Time: 4:30 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: October 5, 2022 Design Review Committee Minutes (PDF)
Revised at 3:55 p.m. on October 5, 2022
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
3. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
- Applicant Presentation [PDF]
That the Design Review Committee:
- Approve the qualitative elements of the substantive site plan approval application for a ten-storey addition to the Waverley Inn at 1266 Barrington Street, Halifax as shown in Attachment A;
- Approve the three (3) variances to the Land Use By-law requirements regarding streetwall height, upper storey side yard stepback, and ground floor height as contained in Attachment B;
- Accept the findings of the qualitative Wind Impact Assessment, as contained in Attachment C; and
- Recommend the Development Officer accept the restoration of the existing heritage building as the post-bonus floor area ratio public benefit for the development as outlined in Attachment D.