Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Meeting cancelled due to lack of quorum.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 11, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations - None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Volunteer Search and Rescue Grants Program: Recommended Awards Fiscal Year 2018-2019 [PDF]
The Grants Committee recommends that Regional Council:
1. Approve the award of four (4) Operating Grants as described in the Discussion section of the staff report dated July 16, 2018 for a combined total of $134,000 from Account C801-8004;
2. Approve the award of two (2) Capital Grants as described in the Discussion section of the staff report dated July 16, 2018 for a combined total of $7,274 from Account C801-8004; and
3. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to conduct an evaluation of the Volunteer Search and Rescue Grants Program and submit a report to the HRM Grants Committee.
9.1.2 Committee Appointments Expiring November 30, 2018 [PDF]
9.1.3 Update - Tax Relief for Non-Profit Organizations [PDF]
9.1.4 Community Grants Program 2019 [PDF]
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 8, 2018
1. Information report from the Acting Chief Financial Officer dated July 20, 2018 re: Community Grants Program: Annual Delinquent Reporting Update [PDF]