Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chambers, 3rd Floor of City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street
Minutes: June 22, 2022 Audit and Finance Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 18, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Banook Canoe Club Funding Request
- Presentation [PDF]
- Handout [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL
12.1.1 Management of Respectful Workplaces Audit
- Presentation [PDF]
12.2.1 Investment Activities Quarter Ending March 31, 2022
THAT the Audit & Finance Standing Committee forward this report to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
12.2.2 Sheet Harbour Marina Association Request for Funding
THAT the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
- Provide a $50,000 grant to the Sheet Harbour Marina Association with funding from the Options Reserve (Q421); and
- Authorize the Chief Administrative Officer or their designate to negotiate and execute a tripartite Contribution Agreement with the Sheet Harbour Marina Association and Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency including HRM’s contribution in the amount of $50,000 to engage professional services to complete a Marina Spatial Plan and Comprehensive Business Plan with respect to the development of a marina facility, substantially in the same form as Attachment 1 of this report.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE - NONE
12.4 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE - NONE
13. MOTIONS - NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 PERSONNEL MATTER - Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group.
THAT the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
- Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential report dated June 8, 2022; and
- Direct that the private and confidential report dated June 8, 2022 be maintained private and confidential.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 20, 2022
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE