How youth can initiate change in their community workbook
Parks and Recreation recognizes that volunteering and supporting your community is more important than ever. Youth can do their part to contribute to their community in many ways.
Download the workbook here (PDF)
This booklet is intended to help you come up with a way to support your community. It is our hope that these four activities will generate ideas to help guide you as you create a plan.
Here are some ways youth can contribute to their community:
• Organize a community clean up
• Collect food, clothes, toys or care items and deliver to shelters
• Hold an event to raise money for a cause
• Educate and share information on a topic
you are passionate about
• Get involved in your local election by encouraging young people to vote
• Compile messages of support for youth experiencing mental illness
• Host a community dinner
• Start a community garden
This is a planning document and the actions suggested in the document are intended for future use when public health directives have changed. During your planning process, please follow public health guidelines.