Volunteer Conference - November 2019
Our 19th annual volunteer conference will take place Friday, Nov. 15 and Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019 at the Atlantica Hotel Halifax, 1980 Robie St.
The conference is a celebration of the tremendous contributions of the volunteers in the region. It gives citizens an opportunity to participate in training, networking and learning that help them become more effective in their work and provide strong volunteer capacity in the municipality.
Each year the conference includes:
- A wide selection of interactive and informative workshops
- Dynamic and experienced speakers
- Lunch and refreshments
- Networking opportunities
- Participant welcome packages
- Community showcase
Some of what our past participants are saying about the Conference:
- “...I really look forward to it every year. I find it really inspiring and energizing.”
- “Great experience. I learn something new every time I attend.”
- “Exceeded my expectations”
- “Great variety of topics. Excellent networking opportunities...”
- “It was very informative and a lot of fun!”
- “Always an amazing opportunity to network and learn”
- “Amazing!...I feel energized and excited to put to use all the suggestions and strategies I learned.”
Please note: Payment is due at time of registration.
- First, have a look at all the amazing workshops we’re offering this year.
- Choose one workshop for each time slot (Friday morning, Friday afternoon, and Saturday) – that will be three workshops in total.
- Register and pay with your credit card. The course number for the Volunteer Conference is: 00019968. Please note: Conference registrations are processed using the municipal Recreation software system. If you need help creating an account or completing your registration, you can refer to our tutorial videos or call 902-490-1586.
- For conference delegates that must pay by cash or cheque, please call 902-490-1586 or email email@example.com to discuss your options (nearest municipally-operated Recreation centre, mail, etc.). Please note: all payments must be received to confirm and process your workshop selections and registration.
- Delegates who are paid staff of a volunteer organization will be asked a second question during the registration process. Please click the box to indicate that you are paying the staff fee.
- If you are applying for funding support to attend the conference, please review the information below prior to registering. Please note: If you were approved for a subsidy last year (2018) you are not eligible to apply for a subsidy this year (2019). There is a maximum of two participants per organization per year.
- Please contact Shawna Shirley at 902-456-9683, if you have any questions.
Conference Fee for Volunteers:
- Before Oct. 31, 2019 - $34.99
- After Oct. 31, 2019 - $50
Conference Fee for Staff:
- Before Oct. 31, 2019 - $69.99
- After Oct. 31, 2019 - $100
Nov. 11, 2019
Funding support application
A limited amount of funding support is offered to provide individuals the opportunity to participate in the Volunteer Conference. Support is first come, first served. Once support funding is gone, additional support cannot be offered - so please register early.
Please note: If you were approved for a subsidy last year (2018) you are not eligible to apply this year (2019). There is a maximum of two participants per organization, per year.
Please call 902-456-9683, or send an e-mail to Shawna firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply for funding support for registration, transportation (bus tickets) or both.
We are back at the Atlantica Hotel this year and we have lots of options to get here by car, bus, bike or walking/rolling.
During the conference, LIMITED underground parking at the hotel is available free of charge but subject to availability. Height restrictions could limit access for oversized vehicles. Underground parking is accessed from Pepperell Street. Alternate parking can be found at the hospital parking garage (for a fee) or on one of the side streets nearby. Please be mindful of and obey all on-street and private lot parking signs to avoid being ticketed or having a “boot” applied to your vehicle. We encourage carpooling when possible. More information on parking options can be found here.
The Atlantica Hotel is accessible by bus route. Check out our routes and schedules.
There is bike parking available on-site.
So many options! Check out a map and find your preferred route.