Volunteer Conference - November 16 & 17, 2018
Atlantica Hotel Halifax - 1980 Robie Street at Quinpool.
How to Register for the Volunteer Conference:
1. First have a look at all the engaging workshops we are offering this year.
2. Choose one workshop for each time slot – that will be 3 workshops in total.
3. To register, please call (902) 490-4665.
4. If you are applying for funding support to attend the conference please review below section, Funding Support Application, prior to registering. Please note: there is a maximum of 2 participants per organization.
5. Please contact Shawna Shirley, 902-869-4202, if you have any questions.
Conference Fee for Volunteers:
- Before October 26, 2018 - $35
- After October 26, 2018 - $50
Conference Fee for Staff:
- Before October 26, 2018 - $70
- After October 26, 2018 - $100
FUNDING SUPPORT APPLICATION
A limited amount of funding support is offered to provide individuals the opportunity to participate in the Halifax Volunteer Conference. Support is first come, first serve. Once support funding is gone, additional support cannot be offered, so please register early.
Please call 902-869-4202, or send an e-mail to Shawna for more information or to apply for funding support for Registration, Transportation or Both.
The conference is a celebration of the tremendous contributions of the volunteers in the region. It gives citizens an opportunity to participate in training, networking and learning that help them become more effective in their work and provide strong volunteer capacity in the municipality.
We are in a new location this year but we have lots of options to get here by car, bus, bike or walking.
The Atlantica Hotel is accessible by bus route. Please follow this link for routes and schedules.
There is bike parking available onsite.
During the conference, underground parking at the hotel is complimentary but subject to availability. Height restrictions could limit the availability of parking for oversize vehicles. Underground parking is accessed from Pepperell Street. Alternate parking can be found at the hospital parking garage (for a fee) or on one of the side streets nearby. Please be mindful of and obey all on-street and private lot parking signs to avoid being ticketed or having a “boot” applied to your vehicle. We encourage carpooling when possible. This Quinpool Road Parking website can provide additional information and options: https://www.quinpoolroad.ca/where-to-park
Each year the conference includes:
- A wide selection of interactive and informative workshops
- Dynamic and experienced speakers
- Lunch and refreshments
- Networking opportunities
- Participant welcome packages
- Community showcase
Some of what our past participants are saying about the Conference:
- “……I really look forward to it every year. I find it really inspiring and energizing.”
- “Great experience. I learn something new every time I attend.”
- “Exceeded my expectations”
- “Great variety of topics. Excellent networking opportunities…..”
- “It was very informative and a lot of fun!.......”
- “Always an amazing opportunity to network and learn….”
- “Amazing!....I feel energized and excited to put to use all the suggestions and strategies I learned.”