The Volunteer Conference is an opportunity for volunteers to connect, celebrate, and learn relevant skills to build stronger volunteer capacity throughout the municipality. Delegates representing a variety of organizations and causes will participate in two training workshops and networking activities and enjoy a keynote speech and seated meal. This year’s workshops will cover topics such as: grant opportunities, diversity and inclusion in the volunteer sector, collaboration as power, connecting with youth, marketing your organization, fundraising, volunteer recruitment and retention, community event planning, engaging your community, healthy board practices, rural perspectives in volunteerism, and improving accessibility in the volunteer sector.
When: Friday, November 18, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Where: DoubleTree by Hilton, 101 Wyse Road, Dartmouth, NS
Register online at halifax.ca/myREC using the course code 00058091, or call the registration line at 902.490.6666.
What our past participants have said about the annual conference:
- “...I really look forward to it every year. I find it really inspiring and energizing.”
- “Great experience. I learn something new every time I attend.”
- “Exceeded my expectations”
- “Great variety of topics. Excellent networking opportunities...”
- “It was very informative and a lot of fun!”
- “Always an amazing opportunity to network and learn”
- “Amazing!...I feel energized and excited to put to use all the suggestions and strategies I learned.”