- a volunteer?
- a neighbourhood association?
- a non-profit organization?
- a group of residents trying to get a community project started?
Your local community developer will support you as a resident, volunteer, or community group to reach your goal and make a difference in your community.
A community developer can help you...
We can help you build networks, create partnerships and connect with:
- other volunteers, non-profits, and partners in your community
- municipal government departments
We can provide guidance to support your group and connect you to resources like:
• templates and how-to guides for starting an organization, running a meeting or planning a community project
• funding opportunities
We can design custom volunteer and board training to meet the needs of your group. Some examples of the support we can provide to help strengthen your board or non-profit are:
• board training and development
• team building
• strategic planning
We can help you ask the right questions to get valuable feedback from your community by:
• helping you consult and engage your community through designing various engagement tools like community meetings or surveys
• discussing community projects and identifying next steps
Community developers also deliver the following programs for volunteers and communities:
Interested in getting started? Get in touch with a community developer today!
Community Developers in the Halifax Region
Bronwyn MacKinnon, Halifax West to Hubbards
Devon Bundy, Cole Harbour to Eastern Shore
Kate Moon, Halifax Penninsula
Darren Hirtle, Dartmouth and Eastern Passage
Shawna Shirley – Fall River, Sackville, Bedford, and Musquodoboit Valley