The Site C Development Proposal will receive First Reading at the September 29, 2022 meeting of Regional Council and Notice of Motion on Monday, October 3, 2022 at North West Community Council. Regional Council will not be making a decision to approve or refuse the development proposal at this meeting. A formal Public Hearing is required for a Council decision. This Public Hearing will be scheduled at a later date.
Application by KWR Approvals Inc., on behalf of Perry Lake Developments, for a site-specific amendment to the River-Lakes Secondary Planning Strategy (SPS) under the Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) for Planning Districts 14 and 17 (Shubenacadie Lakes), to enable a residential development at the south end of Ingram Drive and west of Highway 102, Fall River, known as Opportunity Site C (PID 40844375, 40551277, 00472910, 00472902 and 40551558).
The applicant proposes to develop three multiple-unit buildings (each three stories in height) each containing 40 dwelling units on a 30-acre (12.8 ha) property, known as Opportunity Site C, located at the end of Ingram Drive, in Fall River Village. The proposed development consists of:
• Minimum of 60% of the site is retained as open space;
• Controls on lighting;
• Provision for a future connector trail to the MacDonald Sports Park; and,
• Traffic Study verifying the suitability of the development in local traffic conditions and
• Phosphorus Net Loading Assessment all phosphorus can be retained on-site in a post-development environment.
MPS Policy Amendment
Required change to the River-Lakes Secondary Plan (SPS) under the MPS for Planning Districts 14 and 17. The applicant is requesting the following policy changes to enable the proposed development:
• Eliminate the requirement for direct vehicular access to the Cobequid Road
2016 - Case 20672 (previous application)
• Development agreement application for three multiple-unit residential buildings (total of 116 residential units), a commercial building, and a self-storage facility was submitted.
• Planning policy requires a road connection from Ingram Drive to Cobequid Road.
• Canadian National Rail would not grant permission for a road to cross the rail line.
• The road connection over the rail line to Cobequid Road was intended for commercial uses.
• This application was discontinued.
2018 – Case 21460 (current process)
• February 27th Regional Council initiated a new planning process. An application was submitted to remove the road requirement from MPS policy and allow additional residential density instead of commercial uses at Site C.
• The application initially was for townhouses units and two 60 unit apartment buildings
• June 13, 2018 A public information meeting will be held as part of the planning application. View the meeting notes.
• KWR Approvals Inc. was retained as a consultant for Perry Lake Developments
• posted revised drawings of the development proposal in April
• continued to work through issues
• KWR Approvals Inc. submitted revised drawings in February
• Municipal staff are preparing for the second round of community engagement
This application is being considered under the Municipal Planning Strategy Amendment and Development Agreement process.
The Site C Development Proposal has been scheduled to receive First Reading at the September 29, 2022 Regional Council meeting and Notice of Motion on Monday, October 3, 2022 at North West Community Council. Regional Council will not be making a decision to approve or refuse the development proposal at this meeting. A formal public hearing is required for a Council decision. This public hearing will be scheduled at a later date.
COMMUNITY CONSULTATION - ROUND TWO
View the survey results.
Please note any information in the survey deemed derogatory, inflammatory and could otherwise identify a respondent or a respondent’s place of residence has been redacted.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents submitted may be revised upon a complete review of the proposal and consultation with the community. Revisions will be uploaded to this website as they are received. The relevant documents are linked below but these documents may alternatively be provided either by email or regular mail by making this request to the planner listed below.
Most Recent Submission – Feb 25, 2022
Area Context Concept Plan
Landscaping Master Plan
Traffic Impact Study
View from Neighbourhoods
View from Surrounding Streets
Proposed Stormwater Management Plan
Phosphorous Net Loading Plan
Erosion and Sed. Control Plan
Frequently Asked Questions
Revised Submission – April 22, 2020
Traffic Impact Study
Stormwater Management Plan
Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan
Phosphorus Net Loading Plan
Phosphorus Net Loading Study
Any information posted prior to 2020 has been removed to provide room for more recent information.