Agenda Updated on July 24, 2020 at 1:00 pm.
* A dial-in or live broadcast of this meeting is not available. In accordance with the March 22, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within 24 hours of this meeting.
1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1 Election of Chair and Vice Chair
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 14, 2019 and February 19, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
6. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
6.3 Presentations - None
7.1.1 Case 22708 – Substantive Site Plan Approval for 1325 Lower Water Street, Halifax [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
- Applicant Presentation #1 [PDF] (17 MB)
- Applicant Presentation #2 [PDF]
THAT the Design Review Committee:
1. Refuse the qualitative elements of the substantive site plan approval application for a 16 storey, with rooftop penthouse, mixed use building, in Downtown Halifax as shown in Attachments A and B, as the proposal does not comply with Sections 2.1c, 2.10i, 3.1.1a, 3.2.1a, 3.2.1f, 3.2.5a, 3.3.1b and 3.3.1c of the Design Manual, as noted in Attachment E; and
2. Refuse 5 of the 9 variances in 5 categories to the Land Use By-law requirements regarding upper storey side yard stepback, maximum height, Precinct 1 built form, and tower width and separation distances, as contained in Attachment B, as the proposal does not comply with Sections 3.6.6, 3.6.7, 3.6.8, and 3.6.10 of the Design Manual, as noted in Attachment D.
7.1.2 Regional Centre Plan Package B Consultation – Kasia Tota, Principal Planner
8. PRELIMINARY PRESENTATIONS – NONE
9. ADDED ITEMS
10. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-490-6732