Time: 4:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 24, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3 Presentations – None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Case H00473: Background Study Toward the Establishment of a Heritage Conservation District in Downtown Halifax [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Accept the background study contained in Attachment A of the March 2, 2021 report to initiate the process to establish a Heritage Conservation District in Downtown Halifax; and
2. Follow the Public Participation Program for HCDs, adopted by Regional Council on November 17, 2020, as contained in Attachment B, to obtain public input on the proposed Downtown Halifax conservation plan and by-law in accordance with Section 6 of the Heritage Conservation Districts Regulations.
9.1.2 Case H00506: 2021/2022 Heritage Incentives Program [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF] (Large 8 Mb)
That the Heritage Advisory Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the proposed grants to the properties listed in Attachment A of the February 19, 2021 report, conditional upon the applicants’ compliance with Sections 29 through 35 of Administrative Order Number 2014-002-ADM.
9.2 MEMBERS OF THE HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
10. MOTIONS/DISCUSSION – NONE
11. ADDED ITEMS
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 28, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE