Would you like to speak during Public Hearing?
If you’d like to speak during Public Hearing, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, April 12 to be added to the speakers' list to speak by Zoom or telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible.
To register as a speaker:
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone 902.490.4210 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
• Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Hearing for Case 23274 at the April 13 Halifax and West Community Council meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and your phone number.
PLEASE NOTE: All virtual meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via email@example.com.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 30, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 Public Hearing
10.1.1 Case 23274: Secondary and Backyard Suites - Housekeeping Amendments [PDF]
- Motion Memo [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the proposed amendments to the Land Use By-laws for Halifax Peninsula, Planning District 4 and Planning District 5 as set out in Attachment C of the staff report dated January 4, 2021.
10.2 VARIANCE HEARING – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations – NONE
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1 STAFF - NONE
13.2 MEMBERS OF HALIFAX AND WEST COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 14, 2021 (Joint Special Meeting for HWCC & NWCC), April 27, 2021 (HWCC Special Meeting)
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated April 6, 2021 re: Requests for Presentation to Halifax and West Community Council – NONE [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Haruka Aoyama, Legislative Assistant, at AoyamaHa@halifax.ca or 902-490-6517 or 902-579-7239