Would you like to speak during Public Hearing?
If you’d like to speak during Public Hearing for Case 20871, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, April 26 to be added to the speakers' list to speak by Zoom or telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible.
To register as a speaker:
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone 902.490.4210 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
• Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Hearing for Case 20871 at the April 27 Halifax and West Community Council meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and your phone number.
PLEASE NOTE: All virtual meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via email@example.com.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 13, 2021 Halifax and West Community Council special meeting and April 14, 2021 Joint Halifax and West & North West Community Councils special meeting
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
4. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
6.1 Public Hearing
6.1.1 Case 20871: Development Agreement for Lands located at Almon and St Albans, Halifax [PDF]
-HPPAC Memo [PDF]
- HRM Staff Presentation [PDF]
- Applicant Presentation [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated March 10, 2021; and
2. Require the development agreement be signed by the property owner within 240 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
6. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
6.3 Presentations – NONE
7. REPORTS – NONE
8. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
9. DATE OF NEXT MEETING –May 11, 2021
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated April 19, 2021 re: Requests for Presentation to Halifax and West Community Council – NONE [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Haruka Aoyama, Legislative Assistant, at AoyamaHa@halifax.ca or 902-490-6517 or 902-579-7239