Viewing Live Webcasts for Virtual Meetings - Detailed Instructions [PDF]
View live meeting captioning (text only site)
Virtual Public Hearings & How to Participate
(Please be aware that the deadline to register as a speaker is 4:30 p.m. the day prior to the hearing)
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES –Special August 19, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
4. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS – 6:00 p.m.
5.1.1 Case 22288: Development Agreement for a commercial recreation use at the south corner of Prospect Road and McGraths Cove Road, McGraths Cove [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
- Applicant Presentation [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated July 2, 2020; and
2. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
6. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.1.1 Case 22624: Development Agreement for 2322 and 2324 Hunter Street, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated June 22, 2020, to allow the reconfiguration of an existing non-conforming commercial/residential building to a six (6) unit residential building at 2322 and 2344 Hunter Street, Halifax, and schedule a public hearing.
7.1.2 Case 22051: Development Agreement for a service station at 1656 Prospect Road, Hatchet Lake [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated August 19, 2020, to enable a service station with an accessory convenience store and drive-through restaurant at 1656 Prospect Road, Hatchet Lake, and schedule a public hearing.
7.1.3 Case 22050: Amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and Halifax Mainland Land Use By-law for Parkmoor Avenue, Hayes Street and Charlton Avenue (PID 00277228), Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) for Halifax and Land Use By-law (LUB) for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated August 20, 2020, to permit single detached dwellings with modified lot requirements and five townhouse buildings on a portion of the lands identified as PID 00277228, near Parkmoor Avenue, Hayes Street and Charlton Avenue, Halifax, and schedule a public hearing; and
2. Adopt the proposed amendments to the MPS for Halifax and LUB for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachments A and B.
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated August 21, 2020 re: Requests for Presentation to Halifax and West Community Council – None [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Krista Vining, Legislative Assistant at 902-490-6520 or email@example.com