In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
3. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
4. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – November 18, and December 10, 2020
4.1 Case 22332: Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law Amendments for the R-4 Zone near Dunbrack Street, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated October 15, 2020, to create a new designation and zone to permit high density redevelopment near Dunbrack and Willett Streets, to amend the zoning for low-density residential properties to better match existing development, and to rezone parkland to the Park and Institutional Zone, and schedule a public hearing; and
2. Adopt the proposed amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachments A and B.
5.1.1 Proposed 2021 Halifax and West Community Council Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council approve their proposed 2021 meeting schedule as presented.
6. NEXT MEETING DATE – January 19, 2021 (proposed)
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Haruka Aoyama, Legislative Assistant, at AoyamaHa@halifax.ca or 902-490-6517