1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
3. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
4. Case 21730: Request to amend the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law for 205 Bedford Highway, Halifax [PDF]
- November 13, 2019 Staff Recommendation Report (Recirculated) [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider amendments to the Halifax MPS and the Halifax Mainland LUB, to permit an eight-storey mixed-use building at 205 Bedford Highway, by development agreement, subject to a minimum of 18 units of affordable housing dwelling units being provided via incentive or bonus zoning, as set out in Attachments A and B of this report, remove sections 126.96.36.199. and 188.8.131.52 (e), (f), (g) and (l) (iii) from Attachment A, and schedule a public hearing. and
2. Adopt the proposed amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and the Halifax Mainland Land Use By-law, as set out in Attachment A (as amended by motion of Halifax and West Community Council) and Attachment B of the staff report dated October 25, 2019.
5. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 11, 2019
INFORMATION ITEMS - NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6519.