Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: January 17, 2023 Halifax and West Community Council Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – December 6, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3.1 Preservation of Point Pleasant Park Battery - Halifax Military Heritage Preservation Society [PDF]
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 24123: Amendment to Development Agreement for The Links at Brunello, Timberlea [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed amending development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated January 10, 2023, to add self-storage facility as a permitted use at The Links at Brunello and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.2 Case 24482: Land Use By-law amendment to reduce parking requirements for community and recreation centres in Planning District 5 (Chebucto) [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to the Land Use By-law for Planning District 5 (Chebucto Peninsula), to reduce the parking requirements for community centres and recreation centres as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated January 11, 2023, and schedule a public hearing.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 PERSONNEL MATTER - Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group.
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential report dated December 14, 2022; and
2. Direct that the private and confidential report dated December 14, 2022 be maintained private and confidential.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 13, 2023