Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chamber, City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: January 21, 2020 Halifax and West Community Council Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – December 11, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated January 7, 2020, to develop an eight-storey mixed use building at the corner of Almon Street and Gladstone Street, Halifax and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.2 Case 21952: Development Agreement and Discharging Agreement, Civic 50, 60 and 70 Armstrong Court, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed Development Agreement and proposed Discharging Development Agreement, as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated January 7, 2020, to consider a seven-storey addition to an existing apartment building at 60 and 70 Armstrong Court, Halifax and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.3 Case 22436: Non-substantive Amendments to an Existing Development Agreement for 5885 Spring Garden Road, Halifax
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve, by resolution, the proposed amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated November 20, 2019 report; and
2. Require the amending development agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
- Staff Report [PDF]
- HPPAC Memo [PDF]
13.2 BOARDS AND COMMITTEES – NONE
13.3 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – December 11, 2019
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of December 11, 2019 be approved as circulated.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 18, 2020