Viewing Live Webcasts for Virtual Meetings - Detailed Instructions [PDF]
Virtual Public Hearings & How to Participate
Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 26, to be added to the speakers' list to speak by telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible. To register as a speaker:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 902.490.4210 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation Annual Report at the January 27 Regional Centre Community Council meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and the phone number that you’ll use to participate.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days,
1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1 ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
1.2 TABLING OF 2020 ANNUAL REPORT [PDF]
• Public Participation for Annual Report
That the Regional Centre Community Council accept the 2020 Regional Centre Community Council Annual Report as presented.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 23, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS – NONE
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARINGS
10.2.1 Case 23178: Appeal of Site Plan Approval – 6399, 6395, & 6389 North Street, Halifax [PDF]
In accordance with Administrative Order One, the following motion shall be placed on the floor:
That the appeal be allowed.
Staff Presentation [PDF]
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Proposed 2021 Regional Centre Community Council Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That Regional Centre Community Council approve the proposed 2021 meeting schedule as outlined in the attachment A of the staff report dated January 20, 2021.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL - NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 Personnel Matter – Private and Confidential Report
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
That Regional Centre Community Council convene to In Camera to discuss a personnel matter.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 24, 2021 (if required)
1. Information Report from Executive Director Legal and Legislative Services and Chief Administrative Officer dated October 26, 2020 re: Review of Report Requests [PDF]
2. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated January 20, 2020 re: Requests for Presentation to Regional Centre Community Council – None [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant at email@example.com or 902-490-6732