Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Bedford-Hammonds Plains Community Centre, 202 Innovation Drive, Bedford
Minutes: July 9, 2018 North West Community Council Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 11, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
That North West Community Council adopt the amendment to the Land Use By-law for Bedford, as set out in Attachment B of the staff report dated April 5, 2018.
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
That North West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to the Land Use By-law for Beaver Bank, Hammonds Plains and Upper Sackville, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated June 18, 2018, to rezone 65 Halfway Lake, Hammonds Plains from the R-1 (Single Unit Dwelling) Zone to the R1-A (Auxiliary Dwelling) Zone and schedule a public hearing
That North West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated June 15, 2018, to allow for a four storey, multiple unit residential development at Fourth Street, Bedford and schedule a public hearing.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL
That North West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council authorize a $5,000 one-time Community Grant from the LWF Ratepayers Association Common Area Rate to the Seniors Friendly Group to enhance opportunities for residents to participate in community trips geared toward seniors.
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 10, 2018 – Location to be determined.