1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 14, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3.1 Patti Green, Bird Conservation Outreach Coordinator, Ecology Action Centre - Responsible Pet Ownership Program in HRM that includes cats [PDF]
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
13.1.1 Case 17602: Time Extension for Signing of Development Agreement for Monarch Drive and Majestic Avenue, Beaver Bank [PDF]
That North West Community Council require that the development agreement for Case 17602 be signed by the property owner within 485 days (an extension of an additional 120 days from the original 365 days), or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval of said agreement by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods whichever is later; otherwise this approval shall be void and any obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
13.1.2 Case 21094: Development Agreement Discharge and Land Use By-law amendment for Clearwater Seafoods, 757 Bedford Highway, Bedford [PDF]
-Memorandum from the North West Planning Advisory Committee dated January 4, 2018 [PDF]
That North West Community Council:
1. Approve, by resolution, the proposed Discharging Agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated April 5, 2018;
2. Require the Discharging Agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
3. Give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendments to the Land Use By-law for Bedford, as set out in Attachment B of the staff report dated April 5, 2018, to apply zoning which permits the continued use of the existing building at 757 Bedford Highway for Clearwater Seafoods, and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.3 Case 20662 – Amendments to the Regional Municipal Planning Strategy, Regional Subdivision By-law and Sackville Land Use By-law [PDF]
-Memorandum from the North West Planning Advisory Committee dated June 9, 2017 [PDF]
That North West Community Council recommend that Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Regional Municipal Planning Strategy and Sackville Land Use By-law as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated May 7, 2018 and schedule a Public Hearing;
2. Approve the proposed amendments to the Regional Municipal Planning Strategy and Sackville Land Use By-law as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated May 7, 2018.
3. Refuse the proposed amendments to the Regional Subdivision By-law to extend the municipal water service boundary as shown on Map 4 of the staff report dated May 7, 2018.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 9, 2018 – Location to be determined.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated June 6, 2018 re: Presentation Requests
2. Information report from the Acting Director of Planning and Development dated May 17, 2018 re: Bedford West Water Quality Update [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Liam MacSween, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-490-6521.