A dial-in or live broadcast of this meeting is not available. In accordance with the March 22, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within 24 hours of this meeting.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
In accordance with Administrative Order One, Section 10 Special Meetings of Council:
(1) Subject to section 31 regarding quorum, at a special meeting of the Council, the Council shall only consider or decide upon a matter set forth in the notice calling the special meeting, unless all the Members that may be elected to the Council consent to considering or deciding on an additional matter.
5.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL
5.2.1 Councillor Cleary – Rezoning Lands to Urban Reserve on Williams Lake
The Legislative Assistant confirmed receipt of written confirmation from all members of the Community Council agreeing to the addition.
3. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
4. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
5.1.1 Case 22906: Discharging Development Agreement for 2900 Agricola Street, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve, by resolution, the Discharging Development Agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 21, 2020; and
2. Require the Discharging Development Agreement be signed by the property owner within 240 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
5.1.2 Case 22640: Land Use By-law Amendment to Rezone 1686 Prospect Bay Road, 1688 Prospect Bay Road, and Lot 4RC, Prospect [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to Schedule A, the zoning map of the Land Use By-law for Planning District 4, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated March 24, 2020, to rezone 1686 Prospect Bay Road, 1688 Prospect Bay Road, and Lot 4RC, Prospect from the P-2 (Community Facility) Zone to the RRB-1 (Rural Residential B-1) Zone to permit residential development, and schedule a public hearing.
5.1.3 Case 22503: Amendment to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland for properties of Percy Street and Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendments to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated April 16, 2020, to allow changes to the method of calculating the maximum building height and clarification of street frontage for properties on Percy Street and Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax and schedule a public hearing.
5.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL
5.2.1 Councillor Cleary – Rezoning Lands to Urban Reserve on Williams Lake [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council request a staff report on rezoning all portions of PIDs 00271585, 00323139, 00323147 on and near Williams Lake to Urban Reserve.
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated June 5, 2020 re: Requests for Presentation to Halifax and West Community Council [PDF]