Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 10, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations – None
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 22539: Amendments to the Stage I and Stage II Development Agreements for Phase 3 of Rockingham South at the intersection of Dunbrack Street and Ruth Goldbloom Drive, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve, by resolution, the proposed Amending Stage II Development Agreement to allow for a five-storey hotel with minor commercial uses at grade or a multiple unit residential building with minor commercial uses at grade to be constructed at the corner of Dunbrack Street and Ruth Goldbloom Drive, Halifax, which shall be substantially of the same form as contained in Attachment B of the staff report dated May 6, 2021; and
2. Require the Amending Stage II Development Agreement to allow for a five-storey hotel with minor commercial uses at grade or a multiple unit residential building with minor commercial uses at grade to be
constructed at the corner of Dunbrack Street and Ruth Goldbloom Drive, Halifax be signed by the property owners within 240 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owners, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including
applicable appeal periods, which is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
13.1.2 Case 23016: Substantive Amendment to the Brunello Development Agreement, Timberlea [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed amending development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 26, 2022, to allow additional residential development areas and changes to certain Golf Course Safety Margin boundaries, and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.3 Councillor Appointment to Appeals Standing Committee [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council appoint one (1) member of Halifax and West Community Council to the Appeals Standing Committee for a term to November 2022.
13.3 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 PERSONNEL MATTER - Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to an identifiable individual or group.
That Halifax West Community Council:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential report dated May 30, 2022; and
2. Direct that the private and confidential report dated May 30, 2022 be maintained private and confidential.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 19, 2022 (if required)
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902.240.7164.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org