This meeting has been cancelled.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 30, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES:
4.1 Submission during Public Participation - May 30, 2017 – Bicycles on the barrier-free trails in the Western Commons Regional Park. [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council request a staff report on the submission by John Cascadden during public participation of the May 30, 2017 meeting.
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 Case 20183: LUB Amendment (Schedule Q) and Development Agreement for 2710 and 2712 Agricola Street and a vacant property on Fern Lane, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the amendment to Map ZM-2 of the Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law as presented in Attachment A of the February 15, 2017 staff report.
10.1.2 Case 20100: Rezoning and LUB Amendments, 214, 216 and 218 Herring Cove [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the amendments to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment A of the February 13, 2017 staff report.
10.1.3 Case 20854: HRM-initiated application to consider amendments to the Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law to protect the character and form of Young Avenue, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the amendments to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Peninsula, as set out in Attachment A of the April 24, 2017 staff report.
Public Hearings -Frequently Asked Questions
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARINGS - NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations - None
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.2 WESTERN COMMON ADVISORY COMMITTEE
13.2.1 Removal of all Derelict, Dangerous, and/or Unsightly Campsites within the Western Common Regional Park [PDF]
Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council request staff to remove all derelict, dangerous, and/or unsightly campsites within the Western Common Regional Park.
13.2.2 Western Common Regional Park Signage [PDF]
Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council request staff to post signage at major entry points to the Western Common Regional Park; the signs to include the name of the park, a phone number or e-mail address for obtaining more information, and listing some of the basic rules of conduct within the park.
13.3 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL - NONE
14. MOTIONS - NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 25, 2017
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated June 22, 2017 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]