1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 20, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 Case 21454: Rezoning and Land Use By-law Amendment for a Municipal Fire Station at 2407, 2415 and 2421 Old Sambro Road, Williamswood (pdf)
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt amendments to the Land Use By-law for Planning District 5, as set out in Attachment A of the February 6, 2018 staff report, to rezone 2407, 2415 and 2421 Old Sambro Road, Williamswood from the R-2 (Two Unit Dwelling) Zone to the P-2 (Community Facility) Zone and amend Part 4 to reduce the required number of parking spaces required for fire stations.
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARINGS: NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.1 Correspondence - None
11.3 Presentations - None
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 21263: Substantive Amendment to Development Agreement for 6112 Quinpool Road, Halifax (pdf)
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed amending development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the February 2, 2018 staff report, to allow for the addition of glass canopies on the sixth and eighth floors of the building under construction at 6112 Quinpool Road, Halifax and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.2 Case 21192: Non-substantive amendment to an existing development agreement for 286 and 290 Herring Cove Road, Halifax (pdf)
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve, by resolution, the proposed amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the February 13, 2018 staff report, to extend the development commencement date for the proposed development at 286 and 290 Herring Cove Road, Halifax; and
2. Require the amending development agreement be signed by the property owners within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
13.1.3 Case 21260: Halifax Mainland LUB Amendment (Rezoning) for 135 Evans Avenue, Halifax, Mainland (pdf)
That Halifax and West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment A of the February 5, 2018 staff report to rezone the lands at 135 Evans Avenue from the R-1 (Single Family Dwelling) Zone to the R-2 (Two Family Dwelling) Zone, and schedule a public hearing.
14.1 Point Pleasant Park Mobile App (pdf)
That Halifax and West Community Council request a staff report on the development of a Point Pleasant
Park Mobile app and an enhanced website and social media presence to provide information and
guidance to park visitors.
14. MOTIONS - NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 PERSONNEL MATTER
Citizen appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at www.halifax.ca
15.1.1 Citizen Nominees to the Western Common Advisory Committee
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Nominate one candidate, for the public recreation and trails position to the Western Common Advisory Board for a term to November 30, 20119 for consideration by Regional Council from the slate attached to the March 7, 2018 Private and Confidential staff report.
2. Nominate one candidate for the Ecological Sciences position ot the Western Common Advisory Committee for a term to November 30, 2019 for consideration By Regional Council from the slate attached to the March 7, 2016 Private and Confidential staff report.
3. Not release the March 7, 2016 Private and Confidential staff report to the public.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 17, 2018
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant re presentation requests - None (pdf)