Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chamber, City Hall 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: March 7, 2019 Halifax and West Community Council minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 5, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 Public Hearings
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the amendments to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Peninsula, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated November 14, 2018.
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the amendments to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated January 14, 2019.
10.2 Variance Hearings - None
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1 STAFF - NONE
13.2 BOARDS AND COMMITTEES
13.2.1 Case 20928: Development Agreement for 5720-5722 Inglis Street, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated December 20, 2018, to allow a twelve-unit residential building located at 5720-5722 Inglis Street and schedule a public hearing.
13.2.2 Memo on Case 22005: Internal Conversions, Peninsula West Area 1 Schedule, Halifax Peninsula Land Use Bylaw [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council request a supplementary staff report regarding Case 22005 including the following:
• Clarification around the intent of the request; and
• Timing of the request in relation to Centre Plan implementation.
14. MOTIONS - NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 9, 2019