Time: 10:30 a.m.
A dial-in or live broadcast of this meeting is not available. In accordance with the March 22, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within 24 hours of this meeting.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – NONE
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.1.1 Case 22682: Amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy, Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law, and associated second amending development agreement for 5534-5558 Bilby Street and 2819-2827 Isleville Street, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law, as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated March 24, 2020, to enable an extension to the date of commencement of construction for a Development Agreement at the southeast corner of Bilby and Isleville Streets in, Halifax and schedule a public hearing; and
2. Adopt the proposed amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law, as set out in Attachments A and B.
It is further recommended that Halifax and West Community Council:
3. Give Notice of Motion to consider the proposed amending development agreement, as set out in Attachment C, to enable an extension to the date of commencement of construction for a previously approved seven-storey residential building at the southeast corner of Bilby and Isleville Streets, Halifax. The public hearing for the development agreement shall be held concurrently with that indicated in Recommendation 1.
8. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
9. NOTICES OF MOTION
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated May 8, 2020 re: Requests for Presentation to Halifax and West Community Council – NONE [PDF]