1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 6, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES – NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Fence Permit Application #151787 – 11 Cleary Drive, Dartmouth
Motion: That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council approve Permit Application #151787 for construction of fencing in excess of 6.5 feet at 11 Cleary Drive, Dartmouth.
13.1.2 Case 19602: Rezoning Old Miller Road, Cole Harbour (First Reading)
Motion: That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council:
1. Give first reading to consider the proposed amendment to the Land Use By-law for Cole Harbour/Westphal, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated April 20, 2017, to rezone a portion of lands abutting Old Miller Road, Cole Harbour from the UR (Urban Reserve) Zone to the R-1 (Single Unit Dwelling) Zone, and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.3 Case 20260: Non-Substantive Amendments to the Development Agreement for Evergreen Drive, Cole Harbour
Motion: That Harbour East – Marine Drive Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed second amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment B of the supplementary staff report dated March 24, 2017, to enable an extension of the date of commencement of development, and allow the development of the 8 townhouse units in Phase 2 to occur without the need for a non-substantive amendment at Evergreen Drive, Cole Harbour; and
2. Require that the second amending development agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Community Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – April 6, 2017
Motion: That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of April 6, 2017 be approved as circulated.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 8, 2017, 6:00 p.m. HEMDCC Meeting Space Main Floor, Alderney Gate 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated April 24, 2017 re: Requests to Presentations to Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council