Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: November 16, 2021 Halifax and West Community Council Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1 Annual Election of Chair and Vice Chair
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 12, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations – NONE
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 22890: Land Use By-Law amendment for 48 and 50 Old Sambro Road, Halifax [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated November 1, 2021, to rezone the lands at 48 and 50 Old Sambro Road, Halifax from the R-2P (General Residential) Zone to the R-3 (General Residential and Low-Rise Apartment) Zone, and schedule a public hearing.
13.1.2 Case 22051: Development Agreement for a service station at 1656 Prospect Road, Hatchet Lake [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council grant an extension of 120 days to the requirement that the development agreement for Case 22051, approved by Halifax and West Community Council on March 30, 2021, be signed by the property owner within 240 days from the date of final approval of said agreement by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods whichever is later. If the development agreement is not signed by the property owner within 360 days from that time the approval of the development agreement shall be void and any obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
13.1.3 Case 20401: Updating the Planning Documents for Bedford West Sub Area 10, Kearney Lake Road, Bedford and Halifax [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and Halifax Mainland Land Use By-law as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated October 25, 2021, to enable development of Bedford West Sub Area 10, Kearney Lake Road, and schedule a public hearing; and
2. Adopt the proposed amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and Halifax Mainland Land Use By-law as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated October 25, 2021.
13.2 HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
13.2.1 Case 22879: Amending Development Agreement for Lovett Lake Estates, Beechville [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed amending development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the October 19, 2021 report, for the inclusion of additional lands (phase 3) within the Lovett Lake Estates residential development in Beechville and schedule a public hearing.
13.3 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 15, 2021
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated November 12, 2021 re: Requests for Presentation to Halifax and West Community Council [PDF]