A dial-in or live broadcast of this meeting is not available. In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
1. CALL TO ORDER
ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 24, 2020 (Special)
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
4. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
5. HEARINGS – NONE
6. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
6.1.1 Wendy McDonald re: Access and Trail Development in Hemlock Ravine Park Area
7.1.1 Case 22617: Timberlea / Lakeside / Beechville Land Use By-law amendment for 207 and 209 Greenhead Road, Lakeside [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment the Land Use By-law for Timberlea / Lakeside / Beechville, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated September 30, 2020, to enable the expansion of an existing commercial garage at 207 and 209 Greenhead Road, Lakeside, and schedule a public hearing.
7.1.2 Case 22851: Non-substantive amendments to an existing development agreement for 2250-2260 Maitland Street, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed amending development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 26, 2020, to allow a non-substantive amendment to an existing development agreement extending the commencement and completion dates for development.
7.1.3 Case 22332: Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law Amendments for the R-4 Zone near Dunbrack Street, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated October 15, 2020, to create a new designation and zone to permit high density redevelopment near Dunbrack and Willett Streets, to amend the zoning for low-density residential properties to better match existing development, and to rezone parkland to the Park and Institutional Zone, and schedule a public hearing; and
2. Adopt the proposed amendments to the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachments A and B.
7.1.4 Review of Report Requests [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council review the attached list of report requests, as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated October 26, 2020, and bring forward any items recommended to be withdrawn.
8. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 9, 2020
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Krista Vining, Legislative Assistant at 902-490-6520 or firstname.lastname@example.org