1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – August 12, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. PUBLIC HEARINGS – NONE
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARING – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Proposed 2020 North West Community Council Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That North West Community Council approve the proposed 2020 meeting schedule as outlined in the attachment A of the staff report dated October 30, 2019.
13.1.2 Councillor Appointments to Boards/Committees [PDF]
That North West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Appoint Councillor Blackburn and Councillor Russell to the North West Planning Advisory Committee for a term to November, 2020.
13.1.3 Case 17272: Amendments to the Bedford Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use Bylaw for Cushing Hill [PDF]
-Memorandum from the North West Planning Advisory Committee dated August 11, 2016 [PDF]
That North West Community Council recommend that Regional Council:
1. Give First Reading to consider the proposed amendments to the Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law for Bedford, as set out in Attachments A and B of the staff report dated , to create new MPS policies and zoning for the Cushing Hill CCDD area, Bedford and schedule a public hearing; and
2. Approve the proposed amendments to the Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law for Bedford, as set out in Attachments A and B of this report.
13.2 MEMBERS OF NORTH WEST COMMUNITY COUNCIL
13.2.1 Councillor Whitman - Hammonds Plains Common Area Rate Request - Timberlane Terrace Park and Grant Line Trail [PDF]
That North West Community Council recommend that Halifax Regional Council authorize a one-time contribution of $25,000 from the Hammonds Plains Area Rate surplus to the Hammonds Plains Rate Payers Association to complete the development of Timberlane Terrace Park and capital improvements to the Grant Line Trail.
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 9, 2019 – Location to be determined.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated October 30, 2019 re: Presentation Requests – NONE [PDF]