Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: October 10, 2023 Halifax and West Community Council Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 19, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 PLANAPP 2023-01043: Substantive Amendment to the Development Agreement for 1021 Beaufort Avenue, Halifax
- Report [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed amending agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated August 28, 2023; and
2. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations – None
12. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
13. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
14.1.1 Case #2023-00545: Development Agreement for Boulderwood Road, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated August 18, 2023, to allow a single unit dwelling on a lot that does not abut a public street off Boulderwood Road, Halifax, and schedule a public hearing.
15. MOTIONS – NONE
16. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
17. ADDED ITEMS
18. NOTICES OF MOTION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 21, 2023
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-240-7164.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council