1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – August 3, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
16.1 Case 20406: Development Agreement for 18 and 20 Highfield Park Drive, Dartmouth - Notice of Motion
16.2 Case 20883: Application by WSP Canada Inc. for non-substantive amendments to an existing Development Agreement, Richmond Street, Dartmouth
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES – NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3.1 Musquodoboit Harbour & Area Chamber of Commerce & Civic Affairs (MHACCCA) re: recently-completed Community Development Plan and request for funding for initiatives resulting from the plan from the Community Common Area Rate account [PDF]
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Eastern Passage High School Enhancements [PDF]
That Harbour East Marine Drive Community Council take no future action with regards to the development of an artificial turf field or other community enhancements associated with the Eastern Passage high school, beyond those that have already been committed by HRM.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL
13.2.1 Councillor Mancini - Signage and Monitoring of HRM Lakes [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council request a staff report on preparing and installing NO WAKE ZONE/ SAFE BOATING signage on HRM Lakes, and; monitoring of HRM Lakes to enforce the speed limits and safe boating practices to ensure public safety.
13.2.2 Councillor Hendsbee – Petpeswick Inlet / Little River Water Quality Assessment Study [PDF]
That Harbour East Marine Drive Community Council approve funding in the amount of $1,400.00 from the Musquodoboit Harbour Common Area Rate account for the Petpeswick Inlet / Little River Water Quality Assessment Study.
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
16. ADDED ITEMS
16.1 Case 20406: Development Agreement for 18 and 20 Highfield Park Drive, Dartmouth - Notice of Motion [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated September 1, 2017, to permit conversion of the existing motel buildings at 18 and 20 Highfield Park Drive, Dartmouth, to a 2 storey, 66 unit multiple unit building and a 3 storey, 14 unit multiple unit building, respectively, and schedule a public hearing.
16.2 Case 20883: Application by WSP Canada Inc. for non-substantive amendments to an existing Development Agreement, Richmond Street, Dartmouth [PDF]
- Staff Presentation [PDF]
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council:
1. Approve, by resolution, the proposed amending agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated September 5, 2017 to enable an extension of the date required for commencement of the development, changes to the unit type & mix, as well as changes to the cladding and landscaping requirements for the development on Richmond Street, Dartmouth; and.
2. Require the Amending Agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later, otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 2, 2017, 6:00 p.m. HEMDCC Meeting Space Main Floor, Alderney Gate 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated September 27, 2017 re: Requests to Presentations to Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council [PDF]