Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 4, 2023 and August 9, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the
same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 23, 2023; and
2. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof
granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and
any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise
this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations – None
12. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
13. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
14.1.1 PLANAPP 2023-01043: Substantive Amendment to the Development Agreement for 1021 Beaufort Rd, Halifax [PDF]
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed amending agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated August 28, 2023, to permit an extension for the completion of construction at 1021 Beaufort Avenue, Halifax and schedule a public hearing.
14.3 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL – NONE
16. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
17. ADDED ITEMS
18. NOTICES OF MOTION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 10, 2023
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.240.7164.
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council