Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: HEMDCC Meeting Space, Main Floor Alderney Gate, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 6 and July 30, 2019 (special meeting)
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES – July 30, 2019 (special meeting)
4.1 Notice of Motion - Case 21937: Regional Municipal Planning Strategy Amendment to enable amendments to the Existing Development Agreement for Seven Lakes Development, Porters Lake and Non-Substantive Amendments to existing Conservation Design Development Agreements [PDF]
That Harbour East Marine Drive Community Council give Notice of Motion to consider the proposed second amending development agreement, as set out in Attachment B of the June 19, 2019 staff report, to allow a non-substantive amendment (phasing change) to the Seven Lakes Development Agreement as referenced in Recommendation 1 of the June 19, 2019 staff report.
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. HEARINGS – NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 20653: Time Extension for Signing of Development Agreement Amendments for 1 Horizon Court, Dartmouth [PDF]
That Harbour East – Marine Drive Community Council:
1. Approve, by resolution, the proposed amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 24, 2019, to extend the commencement and completion dates contained within the existing development agreement at 1 Horizon Court, Dartmouth; and
2. Require the amending development agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later, otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
13.1.3 Notice of Motion - Case 22376: Non-substantive amendments to an existing development agreement at Brian Dickie Drive, Musquodoboit Harbour [PDF]
That Harbour East - Marine Drive Community Council give Notice of Motion to consider the proposed amending development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated May 24, 2019, to extend the commencement and completion date of construction for the proposed development at Brian Dickie Drive, Musquodoboit Harbour.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL
13.2.1 Deputy Mayor Mancini - Mitigation of commercial use impacts on residential uses [PDF]
That Harbour East Marine Drive Community Council request a staff report to outline and make recommendations on potential land use by-law amendments to mitigate impacts on residential uses in District 6 from commercial activity where these uses are in close proximity. The report should consider but not be limited to impacts such as noise, dust and vibration.
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Community Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 Personnel Matter – Private and Confidential Report
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
That Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council convene to in camera to discuss the matter.
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 3, 2019, HEMDCC Meeting Space, Main Floor Alderney Gate, 60 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth